Aquila is pleased to announce its annual financial report for the year end 31 March 2021 and notice of AGM. […]
Aquila’s carbon reduction begins
We are pleased to confirm that we have now measured our carbon footprint. We commissioned Carbon Footprint Ltd in September 2020 to undertake and measure the Group’s first base year carbon footprint from the 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. We have measured our scope 1,2 and significant scope 3 emissions across all geographical locations of the group.
Aquila’s carbon footprint
Our total locations-based emissions equate to 75.08tCO2e. This assessment equates to 1.63 tonnes CO2e equivalent per employee and 9.43 tonnes CO2e equivalent per £millions of turnover.
Our carbon footprint comprises of the following emissions measures in tonnes of CO2e:
- Scope 1: 0.78
- Scope 2: 10.62
- Scope 3: 63.71
The most significant source of our emissions is from business travel, accounting for 82% of our emissions. Energy consumption is our second largest source of greenhouse gas emissions (15%). Across the Group’s real estate portfolio, we consumed 37,805 kWh of electricity and 4,257kWh of gas.
Aquila is committed to ensuring that it embraces environmental sustainability throughout all aspects of the organisation. We are committed to driving year on year continual improvements to reduce our carbon emissions.
How do we reduce our carbon emissions?
To reach this target, Aquila will strive to achieve sustainable environmental best practice through:
- Continuing to measure our carbon footprint to monitor what operations have the biggest impact on our carbon emissions.
- Designing and implementing a programme of targets, activities, and initiatives to ensure continual improvement in reducing our carbon emissions to achieve a carbon zero status.
- Driving energy efficiency throughout our businesses by prudent consumption, proactive monitoring, and implementation of energy efficient and/or renewable technology.
- Maintaining effective waste management procedures by reducing, segregating, and recycling our waste wherever possible and disposing of waste correctly.
- Working actively with our suppliers and clients to ensure that they meet the organisation’s values and place environmental sustainability considerations at the centre of every decision.
- Implementing an environmental awareness programme to promote employee participation, encouraging all employees to become individual agents for environmental change.
- Providing ongoing communication to our employees on environmental performance and ensuring our staff are able to feedback on environmental sustainability matters.
Our next step to confirm a detailed strategy including the specific targets, initiatives and tactics to achieve them.
Click here to learn more about the Aquila Green Group who are driving Aquila’s work to become carbon plus.
In other news...
This month is Pride Month. At Aquila, we encourage a safe working environment so that everyone can embrace and be […]